Thursday, October 1, 2009

Research Tools

Last class made me shocked to know that there were so many useful tools on google engine, or other engines.

The only tool I could use in spring term was the blank box on the top of google page, and it was not so helpful for my study! That's because most of time I was being annoyed with what words will lead expected books or articles for me. Also, picking up what I want to know by opening all of the links needed so much perceverence!

If categories are suggested like `wonder wheel', I can cut these time.

I also tried ' SurfWax' engine.
The merit of this engine is that one can deepen searching about the one topic from one word. There is a 'focus' button above the searching page, and various choices of links (abstract of each is shown) on the left table. This would be useful to deepen knowledge from different percepectives.

2 comments:

  1. I thought "why didn't anyone tell me about these nice tools?!" in last class, too!
    I'm happy to take this course so far:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Atsumi!
    I was really glad to work with you today. Today's activity was fun!
    And, thank you for noticing that we are in the same CS classes. I enjoyed reading your blog. I would like to try SurfWax, and I want to eat your raw-caramel!
    In ICU festival, my section(AL) sell Korean Chidimi. Please visit our booth.
    See you on Friday. I want to know more about ballroom dance club. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete